Several architectural institutes conduct NATA counseling to shortlist the candidates on the basis of their score in the entrance exam to offer them admission in the B. Arch Program of architectural institutes. The central body for NATA, the council of architecture, does not hold any common counseling process. The candidates hoping to get admission in B.Arch courses can apply for admission in various private B.Arch colleges directly on the basis of their NATA scores.
The scheduling of the NATA counseling procedure only happens after the declaration of the NATA result. All the candidates who successfully qualify for the NATA exam can appear in the counseling process. Those candidates who visit the counseling center and attend the process in a complete manner would be eligible for seat allocation.
Some facts regarding NATA counseling
- The qualified candidates can get admission on the basis of their marks scored in NATA 2021.
- Although the Council of Architecture is only responsible for conducting NATA, it does not involve in any kind of admission procedure.
- Furthermore, the candidates need to check the official website of the participating institutions to know about the dates of NATA counseling and their procedure for admission.
- The candidates can only apply for this counseling by filling up the online application form provided by the participating institutes and reporting to the respective institute as per their schedule. The counseling process of NATA can vary from institute to institute.
- Moreover, the candidates must note that the seat allotment of NATA only depends on the availability of seats in the respective institute or college.
- The qualified candidates have the option for locking their choices and preferences of colleges for the counseling process. The admission can only be valid if they qualify the eligibility criteria of NATA. Hence, the candidate must fulfill all the eligibility criteria of the institute they desire to get admission to. If they fail to do so, their participation in the counseling program will get canceled. The candidate can refer to the NATA counseling eligibility criteria to know about it. Check NATA Exam Pattern.
NATA counseling procedure
The candidate must follow the below steps during NATA counseling until the final allotment of the seats:
- Step-1: Online Registration
In the first step, the candidates have to visit the official website of NATA. Note that the candidate must have appeared in the NATA entrance test for applying in the counseling. On the website, the candidate can find the link for registration in counseling of NATA. Click on the link to proceed further. Not the candidate can enter some personal details such as name, date of birth, application number, roll number, and password. Then the candidate has to pay for the counseling fee through debit card or credit card, challan, or net banking.
- Step-2: Choice filling and choice locking
After the successful registration for NATA counseling, the candidates then have to log in to their account to complete the application process. This will enable the candidates to apply for their desired colleges and branch as per their choices. The participant must make their choice carefully since once the choice gets locked, you can’t change it. The candidate must lock their choices before the deadline to avoid inconvenience.
- Step-3: Seat Allocation and document verification
The seat allocation procedure depends entirely on the rank of the candidate, vacancies, and choices filled by the candidates. Then the candidate has to pay the appropriate amount of fee to confirm the allocation of the seat. The institute’s officials will check all the documents of the respective candidate accordingly to issue a provisional admission letter on the completion of the Counselling process to the candidate.
- Step-4: Report in the allotted institute
The candidate must carry all the necessary documents and certificates while reporting to the allotted institute; if not, their candidature might get canceled.
Documents required for NATA counseling
The candidate is required to carry all the documents of educational qualification and other necessary documents while reporting to the counseling venue. As it’s not centralized counseling, the requirement for documents may vary as per the institute and state. Below is a list of essential documents the participant should carry.
- NATA admit card
- NATA scorecard
- 10th and 12th Mark sheets and certificates
- Photo ID proof and photograph
The candidates seeking admission via the NATA exam should note that the Council of Architecture does not conduct the counseling for admission in B.Arch courses. Hence, there is no centralized counseling process; several institutes conduct such processes individually. The candidate must keep in mind all the participating institutes of NATA counseling about their counseling schedule.